Sunday, January 24, 2010

Anyone know the steps/forms/ to file a appeal in a civil case?

Dealing with the Commonwealth of Kentucky. I need to file a appeal and also how do I go about requesting evidence from other parties involved?Anyone know the steps/forms/ to file a appeal in a civil case?
I'd begin by checking the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.Anyone know the steps/forms/ to file a appeal in a civil case?
I would recommend you review the KY state supreme court web site for their rules of appellate practice. These vary from state to state. Unless you get an attorney from KY to respond I doubt you will get any useful info.
If it's anything other than a small claims matter, you will need to get an appellate lawyer. There are only certain grounds for appeal, then you have to file a brief and inform all the parties and it's not a job that any layperson I know of would be able to do. Most lawyers don't do appeals. They have special attorneys for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment