Sunday, January 24, 2010

If I was assulted on private property do I have a civil case againts the owner of the property?

I was assaulted on the state fairgrounds in 2001 and nothing was done to the people who did it. I was just wondering if I had a case against the fairgrounds for not providing enough security?If I was assulted on private property do I have a civil case againts the owner of the property?
All you want is compensation from some one- anyone- It dosen't mater if The fair grounds didn't do anything to you. Sue the guy that hurt you?If I was assulted on private property do I have a civil case againts the owner of the property?
Could be, but the statute of limitations may have run after 8 years. SOL for torts is usually 2-4 years. But check with a lawyer licensed in your state.





EDIT: Premises liability is present whenever the property owner is on notice of potential hazards. Having a fair on the property without security is an invitation for trouble.
no.just against the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment