Sunday, January 24, 2010

What happens if I go into a civil case without a lawyer?

My ex-husband is suing me for contempt due to unresolved issues related to our divorce. I have enough proof to bring to court but no ability to afford a lawyer and I do not qualify for any ';free'; lawyers. Do I have a chance in hell walking in there without a lawyer when he'll have his lawyer with him?What happens if I go into a civil case without a lawyer?
You can appeal for a public prosecutor.What happens if I go into a civil case without a lawyer?
You didn't give us much information, but you seriously need to obtain the services of an attorney. If you truly can't afford an attorney, I suggest that you contact a law school and determine if they have a legal clinic where you might qualify. In those cases, you will be represented by a 3rd year law student under supervision of a licensed attorney.





You need to find a lawyer, however. You don't know the procedure and if the matter revolves around some technical issue, getting your defense before the court can be difficult without an attorney. Keep looking for someone who will accept payments of some sort. For a referral, contact your local or state bar association.
even a bad lawyer is better then no lawyer in a case like this, drive by a law school and grab a 2nd year law kid out of the parking lot. anything is better then nothing...
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oG鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment