Sunday, January 24, 2010

Within the Uk can you represent yourself in respect of a civil case if you can not afford a barrister?

I feel we have a pretty good case in a civil matter. I have researched some of the legal side of the case and it seems to fit the necessary criteria of law and I am sure a judge would find in our favour. However, to employ legal representatives is costly and I am wondering if I could represent myself personally without the services of a barrister. The case is relatively simple and I do not see why the services of a barrister are required in order to bring the matter to a close. I have put matters in the small claims court before and won so I see no reason not to do the same in this instance.Within the Uk can you represent yourself in respect of a civil case if you can not afford a barrister?
Yes you can, but it is not recommended. You should leave that to the professionals. They do that for a living, and you pay them if you win something.

No comments:

Post a Comment