Friday, May 14, 2010

Can anybody ban me from entering US for a civil case?

If I lose a civil case and can not pay the judgement amount, and then leave USA, In the future, can somebody ban me from re-entering US with a unsatisfied judgement or debt?Can anybody ban me from entering US for a civil case?
Be warned, I am not a lawyer but here goes,





1. Dodging payments of 'judgement amounts' from a civil case (whether by fleeing the country or otherwise) won't DIRECTLY be grounds for barring entry into the USA.





2. HOWEVER, Refusing to pay would lead to a 'Contempt of Court' charge or something to that effect. You would be graduating from a civil matter to something MUCH more serious.





3. With a warrant out for your arrest for contempt, you will probably be VERY WELCOME to reenter the USA to be incarcerated.





4. If you are not a citizen, I.N.S. can bar you from entering the country for an UNPAID SPEEDING TICKET, or just about anything they can come up with. If it suits them to bar you because of your handling of the CIVIL CASE they certainly WOULD do that.Can anybody ban me from entering US for a civil case?
No, they will not ban you from re-entering. In fact, they will encourage you to re-enter so they can arrest you and put you into custody until you satisfy your obligations.
NO


Your credit will suck though. And that is universal.

No comments:

Post a Comment