Thursday, May 13, 2010

What can u do when you are in a civil case and the judge hearing your case refuses to apply the applicable law

I'm in a civil case in California and the judge hearing my case refuses to to apply the law. One statue applicable to my case states that a spouse may no sale the family residence without the written consent of the other spouse. There are many other statues that say basically the same thing.There are even precedent cases with opinions that support my contentions but this judge refuses to apply any of those statues or to even acknowledge the decisions made by higher courts, that being the appealant and supreme courts. In fact this particular judge has attempted to invent law to support the adverse parties to my case. My case deals with fraud and by law should void any transfer of my property, what can I do?What can u do when you are in a civil case and the judge hearing your case refuses to apply the applicable law
There is no justice, there is only law. It is a happy coincidence when the two intersect.





Welcome to the courtroom! The first rule of the courtroom, grasshopper, is ';';The law is what the judge says it is';.





Make your record and consider an appeal if in fact you do have grounds.What can u do when you are in a civil case and the judge hearing your case refuses to apply the applicable law
Malibu Canyon put it perfectly. Wait until the case is over then get your lawyer to appeal. I'm sure the lawyer will know what grounds to appeal on. Unfortunately at the moment the judge is the master in his/her own courtroom. It's up to your lawyer to challenge the judge if they think the law is being flaunted. Appeal..that's all I can suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment