Friday, May 14, 2010

Can someone else show up for me in my civil case?

I'm doing a limited civil case for a simple name change, but I am out of state a lot. Can someone go for me with a power of attorney or something?Can someone else show up for me in my civil case?
Possible but probably not because they can't ask someone else questions that only you can answer. You will just have to work your schedule into the court date somehow so you can be there if needed.Can someone else show up for me in my civil case?
You know something, for a name change, I think you have to be present. But the one person that would know this for sure would be an attorney. You should call and ask one!
In theory, yes.





IN the case of name changes, it is not unusual for the presiding judge to question the petitioner about the history of the name or the reason for the petition. If you are not there, depending on the mood of the judge, you could find your petition deferred or even denied.





I'd try to make it in person.
For a name change, you probably won't have to appear at all. But you can always get a lawyer to represent you in that case.
Sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment