Friday, May 14, 2010

In a civil case which lawyer would you choose?

I have 3 lawyers to choose from.I feel like what if I make the wrong choice.


I am meeting with one tommorow is my moms friends lawyer who they said has done very well by them.


the 2nd is the one recommended from the bar associaition who has been very knowledgable but I dont know them.


3rd is a lawyer friend, who highly recommends this lawyer and she said that she would work on the case with him.unsure if I want her to know every detail of my life including financials.In a civil case which lawyer would you choose?
I would choose the one with the most knowledge and experience for the type of case you would have. A lawyer may do very well for your mom's friend in one type of case, but not in your type of case. You should also check to see if any of the attorneys have a Martindale-Hubbell Rating. ';AV'; is the best rating. I understand your privacy concerns with respect to the third lawyer. I would also ask what their fees are, hourly or contingent, and what percentage if contingent fees are involved.





Good luck,


Dana (attorney)In a civil case which lawyer would you choose?
civil suit covers many areas need more facts
It doesnot really matter if you make the wrong choices in life here in choosing a civil lawyer, but since you are guided accordingly with some of the family members %26amp; some friends I do not think you will make the wrong turn or move in choosing one.





In my own opinion it might better to talk with all of them, and make your own assessment, just like a doctor's prescription it might better to ask a second opinion on everything don't you think. Well in these case you got three choices, all you need is to choose one which you think is good %26amp; great for your case. If possible why not record every conversation with them buy one tape recorder %26amp; hid them between your coat or somewhere in the room. And after the conversation with each one of them, consult a psychologist well if you happen to have one good friend, and just inquire if who among these guys are telling me the truth. If this is too much for you then choose the best recommend one.
I would pick number 3, I am a paralegal and have worked with attorneys for over 15 years.





Attorneys are paid to work for your best interests, and with #3 you can be double sure this is being done, plus that attorney will not want to disappoint her colleague (friend) as most attorneys survive on referrals Plus the added bonus of your friend making sure this lawyer is doing her job and that she has the legal skills to understand if she is or isn't sways this choice for me.





If not then go with Bar association recommendation, just because an attorney did good work for a family member doesn't mean your case is comparable. Go with professional referrals I think that would be your best bet.
Bar associations give referrals NOT recommendations. Do not confuse the two. It is always best to go with an attorney that has a good reference. Consult with the two recommended attorneys and during your consultation do not be afraid to ask how much does it look like my damages are worth so that you can make a decision based on how much you will receive after fees. A good attorney is supposed to be able to tell you that. Do not sign with either attorney right away, give it a few days and let each attorney know that you have other consultations scheduled before making a hiring decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment