Thursday, May 13, 2010

I wonder how strong of a civil case I would have?

I was interviewed at a fortune 500 company and when they were about to hire after the paper was filled out a another women came out. She said ';we do not hire veterans especially with disabilities because of PTSD.';


I have 3 witnesses willing to testify including a lawyer representing a client in property dispute. They also publicly said what my disability was in the lobby! This took place in Ohio.I wonder how strong of a civil case I would have?
You do actually have a strong case here, with one caveat. The woman in question has to be someone with a role in the hiring process.





That said, at least on the surface it sounds like a fairly clear violation of the American's with Disabilities act, and there may be other veterans specific rules.





Find a lawyer with civil rights experience, you also may want to consider bringing the EEOC on board.I wonder how strong of a civil case I would have?
I would pursue it vigorously. Find a good civil rights, or personal injury attorney and end up owning the company. Because of you are telling the truth you have a good civil rights case.
You definitely need to try. This could land you a settlement that would pave the road so you would never have to work again.


I definitely would.

No comments:

Post a Comment