Friday, May 14, 2010

Please help, do human rights have any relevance if I do not have the fiances to go to court with a civil case?

I have been fighting for the past year with the Gardi in the rep of Ireland to bring charges against a man who 'allegetly' raped me and claimed it was consental. I was drugged and unconsious but the Gardi are making a mockery of my complaint. They treated me very badly and done everything in they're power to discourage me from pursuing the case. They have acted unprofessionally and very insensitive towards my distress. Both the purortaitor and I are from the North of Ireland and he know every thing about me and the Gardi still refuse to tell me who this man is. They pass me from pillar to post with excuses and behave completely ignorant to me when I enquire about the developments. They are still claiming the forensics are not ready over a year later! It is totally corrupt and I feel so angery that they continue to get away with this. Although the Ombudsman are investigating they still show no signs of concern I think the offender may have exchanged money to keep hush?Please help, do human rights have any relevance if I do not have the fiances to go to court with a civil case?
There is no reason why they should display concern - their interest is only in the legal elements of the case. Maybe they don't feel they have a case against the man. If you have forensic evidence and it is not a case of your word against his then I think you have to talk to your solicitor and ask his advice about how you take this further. Good luck.Please help, do human rights have any relevance if I do not have the fiances to go to court with a civil case?
I do not know your legal rights, but please keep fighting. Have you contacted Fair Trials Abroad? They are a wonderful organisation who may be able to help you. I wish you all the best in your fight, keep strong and don't give up.
Article 6 of the HRA states that parties before the court must have ';equality of arms';. Unfortunately this equality does not extend to funding for legal representation. Also, taking a private prosecution on a rape case when the police are still investigating will be a no go from the beginning.





The best course of action is your MP (or equivallent) and the Republic version of the Independant Police Complaints Commission.





Good luck, and keep fighting
Try bringing it to the attention of your MP or MLA and the TD of the area where the incident occurred.





Try bringing into a more public arena if you are willing. Shows such as Joe Duffy on RT脡 Radio 1 may be of use, or maybe an equivalent show in BBC Radio Ulster.

No comments:

Post a Comment